The subject of happiness is a complicated one. However following 5 things contribute a lot in increasing your long term as well as short term happiness…
- Flexible schedule – A freedom to choose your work and also the time and place where you want to do that work is the biggest factor in reducing the stress and anxiety. Strive for a flexible work schedule.
- Imagination – An ability to imagine a better future or daydream about things that make you happy has a profound effect on happiness quotient. A healthy optimism is an important ingredient for creating a joyful state of mind.
- Diet – The quality of food that you ingest not only affects your health but also defines your mood and energy levels. Choose your food and its quantity very carefully.
- Sleep – Everybody knows that a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep is essential for maintaining good physical and mental health. But what’s ignored is that quality sleep is indispensable part of every creative artist’s routine. Sleep is nature’s mechanism of injecting silence, calmness and rest into human mind. Adequate sleep ensures adequate happiness.
- Exercise – Technically you only need two things for experiencing happiness – Serotonin and Dopamine. Physical activity creates both these hormones in abundance. So move your body and happiness will find you.
All your efforts in life should be directed to bring these factors into your daily life.
Happiness isn’t that hard after all!